Currently working within Finance but don’t feel like you are adding much value to your business? Want to Partner and influence stakeholders within a business that is recognised nationally, but is about to experience huge growth?
If so, City Plumbing is now recruiting for a Finance Analyst to work alongside our Finance Manager to support our ever-growing Fleet Finance team.
You’ll be encouraged to add value at every stage and empowered to partner various stakeholders across the business.
Interested? Then read on to find out more.
It is an exciting time here at City Plumbing. We have recently become a stand-alone business and are making real strides in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity.
One of the areas we are looking to recruit for is a Finance Analyst to work within our Fleet team providing financial reporting, controls and processes as required.
You’ll interact with stakeholders on a daily basis so it is vital that you are able to influence and advise our business about financial information in a clear and concise way.
This is a real opportunity to take your first steps into business partnering and understand what it takes to really add value within a company that has a long track record in developing colleagues and promoting internally.
Areas of focus:
- Preparation of weekly reports, showing cost and performance of Branch Commercial Fleet, MHE & Company Cars.
- Preparation of month end journals, control sheets, and checking completeness of ledger/consolidation.
- Reconciling purchase orders, along with supporting the Fleet team with any financial support required.
- Provide support to the Supply Chain Finance Manager as required.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations, improve the quality of the control accounts and take ownership reporting.
- Identify opportunities to reduce cost by removing under utilised fleet.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as and when required.
This is a hybrid-based opportunity with true flexibility to work from home, but you should be within commutable distance of our newly refurbished offices in Crick, Northamptonshire.
This means you could be based in Corby, Coventry, Hinckley, Kettering, Leamington Spa, Leicester, Loughborough, Lutterworth, Market Harborough, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Northampton, Nuneaton, Oundle, Peterborough, Rugby, Rushden, Tamworth, Wellingborough, as well as Crick itself.
You’ll live and breathe our Customer First ethos, with an innovative and agile approach to problem-solving. You’ll enjoy working collaboratively with the wider Finance team and you’ll thrive on delivering excellent financial analysis and reports.
Required skills and competencies:
- Degree or similar in Accounting (AAT)
- Part Qualified or with a view to start the equivalent (think ACCA/CIMA/ACA).
- Analytically-minded with experience of or desire to work alongside senior stakeholders.
- Commercial experience in financial modeling (reporting, budgets, month-end etc).
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with excellent time-management skills.
You’ll have an analytical mind and be someone who enjoys working alongside senior stakeholders, by showing your initiative and desire to find solutions to problems.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Finance Graduate, Financial Analyst, Finance Manager, Finance Assistant, Finance BP, ACCA, CIMA, ACA, Fleet, Supply Chain Construction, Building Products.
From boilers to bathroom suites, tubing to towel rails and everything in between, City Plumbing has all the products our customers need to complete the job. And we have all you need to build a successful career!
We’re proud of our reputation for selling quality plumbing and heating products to both trade and retail customers and we’re super excited about our future. We put our colleagues at the heart of all we do, giving them all the tools they need to be successful, happy and feel rewarded in their career with us.
Benefits Package and Cultural Environment:
- Discounts, savings and cash back at numerous retailers
- Savings on driving lessons, phone bills, gym memberships as well as further benefits
- Life assurance
- Extended family policy including maternity, paternity, additional annual leave and more
- Mental Health First Aiders and Employee Assistance Programme, let’s be there for each other
- Complete induction and a company that lets you grow and encourages development
- Financial education and loans
- Flexible working options
- Striving to create an environment of inclusion so everyone can be their true self
- And more!
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. Bring your whole self to work regardless of age, disability, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy o